I survived my first earthquake. I have always said that I wanted to experience one. Boy was I stupid. I never want to feel one again! It is the most un-nerving thing to feel the ground shaking from underneath you and hearing everything in your house rock and roll, and then thinking that the house is going to fall on you. Yeah, don't want to go thru that again. The after shocks still make me tense up.
It seriously sounding like a train going by at first, and since we live across the street from train tracks I didn't think anything of it. Until I started to get jolted off the couch, that is when it dawned on me what the crap was going on, and then the screaming began. I was talking to Matt on the phone when it hit, and poor Matt heard me scream and heard the rumbling and then the line went dead. The dog ran upstairs, taking his usual post under the bed and I ran outside with Mason in my arms. My neighbor was outside too and I asked him what the heck just happened.
Anyhew! Now everyone knows where I live since Louisa is such a small little town, we are all over national news now. So this is the largest quake recorded in VA and it happened 9 miles from my home. Seriously?!? Now! It was a 5.8 magnitude and they say that the strength of the shaking was equal to a 7.0 magnitude because it was not very deep. Also the earthquakes out here are totally different than what is in CA too. Per the news people. So yeah, I am done with earthquakes. No more, please. Now, time to turn my attention to the hurricane that is coming this way this weekend. Any other natural disasters to come my way after that... please no more.


2 comments:
:( Well, that's off your bucket list now! The aftershocks will die off after a week or so...hope the hurricane dies off before it hits you!
Becky!! I finally found your blog. You gave me the address when we went to dinner (a LONG time ago) but then I lost it. I'm so glad I found you so I could see your sweet baby. Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. Being a mom isn't always easy, but it totally worth it! :)
Post a Comment