Thursday, August 18, 2011

1 Month Old

Mason is 1 month old today! The past month has FLOWN by. I can't believe that it has already been a month. I am so thankful for all the help that I had over the past month! Thank you so much Mom, Dad and Kathrine for coming all the way out here and helping me out. I am so thankful of the things that I learned from all of you!

Mason has changed so much in the last month. He started out very small and loved to sleep and eat and poo, and not too much crying. Now, well things have changed in that department. He still loves to eat but the sleeping and the pooing thing, not so much it seems. Sleeping, he will only fall asleep when being held by someone, and that someone must me either walking around or rocking. He also at night will only fall asleep on my chest and refuses to sleep in the bassinet. He is a very tactile baby, which is to be expected since his parents are very tactile.

The poo dept. Well, apparently he doesn't like the feeling of it and holds it in which causes pain which causes crying. Mostly a bloody murder, end of the world, red faced crying fit. Hence the walking around and the rocking to help sooth the screaming child. Oh, and a finger in the mouth. He still won't take a pacifier.

Talked to the doc and they said everything is fine, he is just learning how his new little body works and it is just more uncomfortable than he is wanting. He is very particular with certain things. Such as the water temp in the bath, the amount of blankets or warmth covering him. He doesn't like the baby wipes, that is for sure. Anyhew the Doc said that he is perfect and perfectly normal. He now weighs 9 lbs 3 ounces and is 20 3/4 inches long. He is getting bigger and heavier. He is also making cute little cooing sounds and practicing his smiles. I hope this next month he figures out to smile, so I can have evidence that he has my joker smile. He is also very focused when looking around and can hold his head up like a champ!

I enjoy dressing him in his outfits and trying to take pix of him for his daddy! We talk to Matt everyday right now seeing how he is still in the states. Mason gets to hear his voice everyday via phone and I look forward to Skpying with Matt when he arrives in Iraq. Matt is doing well just doing a lot of training and a lot of military things he hasn't had to do in a while. He is also in charge of a bunch of soldiers with his job and is enjoying being in charge and using his knowledge he obtained while on his previous deployments. I am so proud of him and wish he was here with us but he is doing great work where he is and is rocking at it! I LOVE YOU HUN!!! Anyhew here are a couple of pix of cute little Mason at 1 month old. Enjoy!
~2 hours after he was born~
~This is the face that goes with his famous cry!!!~
~We are not amused face.~

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

lol, LOVE that last picture...that's a winner!! Love you!!