Mason has chunked out quite a bit. We find out on Tuesday at his 1 month check up...(HELLO, 1 MONTH OLD)...how much he is weighing but our money is on over 9 lbs. He is not so little anymore. He is still in newborn diapers and some of the newborn size clothing. He is becoming so much more active and alert now. He likes to look over my shoulder and look around, or watch the ceiling fan or just look everywhere. He also stays more focused on me and will actually watch me while someone is holding him for me.
Yesterday we made it out of the house to go to the Branch Social. We lasted for about an hour and a half before we had to go, due to a feeding, but he was the hit of the party. I had a couple hold him, as they are in the beginning of the adoption process trying to get a little boy. They enjoyed holding him, even the father, at least until Mason started to cry. All the little kids enjoyed seeing him too and waking him up to hold his hand. If was very cute!
Auntie Kathrine is leaving on Wednesday and I will be on my own, well I have people coming to check on me after she leaves to make sure I am still alive. Mason has his good times and his crying times! Trying to figure out how to console him is the hard part. He won't take a binki, which I don't really want him on a binki but he just won't take it. I tried the binki when he was screaming his head off and when he was calm. He just won't take it. I have tried 3 different kinds and he just spits them out. He loves my pinky or my thumb though so something does work. This morning I was making breakfast and just let him cry it out and when I checked on him he was sweating from head to toe! Poor guy got a little too worked up. Once I picked him up he was out in less than a minute and slept for 3 hours, until I woke him up for a mandatory feeding.
Archer seems to be adjusting, not sure if he knows what to make of Mason. He doesn't understand why Mason gets to go everywhere with me and Archer doesn't. Archer has tried to jump in the car when I was packing Mace up. Poor dog, but he is doing well and I think he just misses all the attention that I gave him. He won't come near me when Mason is nursing or rarely comes over when I am just holding Mace. I try to give Archer as much love as possible when I am not holding Mason and I do call Archer over when I am holding Mason or nursing to get him used to it, but it is a slow process.
Matt is doing well as well. He is still in the states and will be leaving soon for Iraq. He is doing lots of training right now, and we don't get much time to talk. Only about 10 minutes on the phone in the morning. Which sucks, because I got about an hour to talk to him every time he has been in Afghanistan. I am not used to the lack of talking to him, or he calls and Mason is crying or I am half asleep from a nap because of the lack of sleep the night prior. Needless to say, I miss my husband and talking to him and wish he were here. But he is not and we are working thru it.
Anyhew here are some pix of our growing little boy! Not a newborn anymore!








2 comments:
You are doing so well Becky! I am so proud of you! And he is so adorable...a little mini-Matt! Super super cute! Love you to pieces!
Little cutie is already giving you the raspberry! LoL....
Post a Comment