Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm Not A Bad Mommy!!!

Then why do I always feel like it??? The saying, "Why wake a sleeping baby" keeps coming in my head every 3 hours when it is feeding time. I feel awful waking our little guy up when he is sleeping just so soundly/soundlessly. It is a nice break from his "pissed off cry" that he likes to do when he is gassy or just plain irritable. Poor kid just looks so confused and frustrated and upset when I wake him up and I feel like the worst mother in the world to make him cry for no reason. Now don't think I am sitting her crying my eyes out cause I feel awful. I actually laugh my head off listening to his cute little cry because it is such a "cry wolf" cry just to get someone's attention and to let you know he is not pleased with you. I just don't like waking him up to eat, but he has to eat and I need him to eat so it is really a mute point.


Auntie Kathrine is in town this week until mid next week and it is so nice that she is here visiting. This is the first time she has been out to our house and it is so nice to have her here. We have lots of appointments while she is here so that they are all taken care of before I am left on my own, all alone! Yesterday she watched him for an hour and a half while I got my teeth cleaned and then got my first cavity filled as an adult. The last filling was when I had baby teeth.

That is about all here! Hope everyone is doing well. We really are doing well. The real test will begin next week when it is just me, the kid and the dog.

1 comments:

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

Have you talked to your pediatrician? Whenever I worried about needing to wake a sleeping baby to eat, I felt terrible too. I told my ped doc and they have all told me (3 different ones) to LET them sleep. They will wake when they are hungry, your rest and their rest is just as important.

of course if you're hurting, then nurse or pump :)