Mason is now 2 weeks old! CRAZY! He is such a wonderful baby. He makes me laugh especially when he is doing his, "pissed-off" cry because it is just so funny sounding. At least I can laugh at the little things! He is already chunking up and I think he is getting close to 8 lbs by now. He is a hearty eater, when he decides to latch on, and loves to sleep! He has been giving me 4-5 hours of sleep in a row at nights! I wake up at 2am for a feeding and then he is out until 7:30ish. He enjoys sleeping on the Sheep Skin blanket my parents got for him and he loves to snuggle! He also likes his car seat and falls asleep and stays asleep in the car seat! This is such a blessing as we live 40 minutes to anywhere. Hopefully it stays like this!
This week is what I am calling my transition week. Figuring out how to do normal everyday things, while still having a backup person here to help in case I need it. I did get a shower this morning with him sleeping in his crib instead of Grandma holding him for me, and he is still asleep in his crib hence this post I am able to put up. Also the pix at the bottom is me 2 weeks after baby. My mom and I think I look about 23 weeks pregnant. I am down 25 lbs already which is great. Hoping that it continues to fall off, but I know that it will not come off as quickly. I am planning on going back to the gym in Sept and really working on getting my body back to how it was. I want to be at my pre-pregnancy weight by Feb when I see Matt for his 2 weeks R&R and my ultimate goal is to be at my personal weight goal by Mason's first birthday! I can do this!
Daddy is getting pix of him everyday so that he can see how much our little guy has changed since birth. Mason still looks like his daddy, but has my hot headed temper. My mother finds it quite amusing that he has such a temper. Even the nurse mentioned his temper just after we got him circumcised. Matt gets to hear his temper too on most nights when he calls, but when I put Matt on speaker phone Mason just conks out and sleeps. He loves to hear daddy's voice. Matt made recordings of stories before he left so we have 54 different chapters for Mason to hear with his daddy reading to him.
Things are going great. I am almost full healed from labor and I am really feeling well. I am trying not to overdo it each day. If we go out for Doc appointments the next day we take it easy. I am however, booking appointments such as to see the dentist or other follow up appointments for me, while someone is here to watch him for me at the office so that it is taken care of for the next 6 months.
That is about all going on here! We are just taking it nice and slow and trying to figure each other out! I am so thankful for Mason being here and being so HEALTHY!!! Thank you, everyone for your love and support!
~2 Weeks ago, morning of the birth~

~Today~





~Mason got this toy for Archer and Archer loves it! Protective much???~



2 comments:
I'm so happy for you Becky!
He really does look like Matt! I love it. What a great idea to have Matt record stories for Mason to listen to, I think that's brilliant. Glad Matt get's to come home for a bit in February.
YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Seriously, that baby weight will totally be gone in no time.
Love you, miss you, glad you are doing sooooo well!!
Post a Comment