It was time to say good bye to my little Mini Cooper, Daisy. Yes I named her. She was the first car that I ever picked out. And I picked out everything on her. I also watched her get made in England. Every process. I was glued to my computer everyday to see what was going on. One day she was being built, the next was paint, then the interior. I even knew when she was being shipped overseas. Daisy was my graduation gift to myself when I got my degree from ASU. She was my baby. Until I had a real baby. A Mini cooper is not the ideal car for a family. My poor back would kill me when I would get Mace in and out of the Coop. I had to climb in the back just to get him in the back seat. I was surprised that I was still that flexible after having him. I did feel super safe driving Mace in the car but sadly only the 2 of us could be in the car as the passenger seat was pushed all the way forward and yeah. You get the pix. I had a wonderful 6 years and 4 months with my girl, but the needs of our family, which hopefully will be growing more when Matt gets home, out way the needs of a small car. She was getting to the point that something was going to need to be fixed or replaced and it was going to cost us a lot of money when that happened. So it was a good time to say Good-bye to my girl. So we decided that if we were going to get a new car it might as well last us a while and serve a purpose. And since I want 2 more kids it needed to be big enough for a family of 5. So Hello Hyacinth. My new Chrysler Town and Country MINIVAN! Yes I said it MINIVAN! Trust me. I am having a hard enough time telling myself that I now drive a MINIVAN but man it is weird.
So my dad came up with the name. It is a plant, see top pix, but it is also the name for the Hippo that is a beautiful ballerina in Fantasia. (See below) So I now have a van that is as big as a hippo but is super graceful. And it is HUGE compared to Daisy. So here is to a new chapter in my life. No more sports car, racing on the curvy back roads around here. Later in life I am sure that we will return to smaller cars but for now, this is it and it is what it is. I love being a mom and I sacrificed my beautiful little car for a big family vehicle.








0 comments:
Post a Comment