I have a baby who thinks he can do everything by himself, already! Mace got his first sippy cup yesterday. As I was trying to hold it for him to teach him how to use it he started batting my hand away and was grabbing onto the handles and wanted to do it all by himself. And anytime now I try to help him with it he throws a fit with me. Silly kid. At least he likes the sippy cup. He hasn't figured out how to get the water out on his own but he sure likes to bite it and man handle it. Archer is quite intrigued with it too. He understands that there is something yummy inside the drink and every time Mason throws it on the ground Archer comes a running to lap up what dropped. But thankfully the cup is spill proof. So here are some pix of Mace enjoying his new toy, I mean cup. (And yes, the pix above is blurry because my kid likes to move around a lot but it was just so dang cute I couldn't not post it!)
Mason is also getting his 3rd and 4th tooth. His bottom front teeth are in, and it is almost impossible to get a pix of them, but I have been able to capture his upper teeth along with a great shot of up his nose! But I was really going for getting the shot of his teeth. Because of his new teeth, he has been chewing on everything, and his sleep cycle, well is not at all what it used to be. He is waking me up about every hour at night to whimper and then goes back to sleep. Sometimes he just whimpers but he also starts screaming and will only be consoled with feeding. All I want is to sleep. So here are his upper 2 teeth.
On to me. Well I have been trying to get back into the working out thing and all trying to get back to my hot bod I had prior to my little miracle. It just isn't working. I finally decided to work out at 6 am while Mace takes his final stretch of sleeping thru the night but with the teeth, and the cold, and keeping me up half the night, it just isn't working. I finally told Matt that he will just have to deal with having a plump wife until he comes home and then he is going to be Daddy day care while Mommy works out. I am starting to lose some inches but not weight. And this happened last time. I lost a ton of inches before I lost any weight, and when I did lose weight it fell off very quickly. So hopefully that will happen again. I might be a Super Mom but I am not Super Woman and can not do everything. Mace comes first and I will squeeze me in when I can. Daddy will be home soon enough and then I can work on me. For now, my goal is not to gain weight and keep eating really well.
I am excited to say that Mace and I will be visiting AZ this spring. I am so excited to see my friends and family and show off my beautiful little boy to everyone back home and of course to EAT MEXICAN FOOD!!! AND A LOT OF IT!!! I need to get my fill of mex food. It has been a year since I had some decent food and I won't bet getting it again till this Christmas. I am so excited to visit and see everyone!
Matt is doing well. We finally have a date that he is leaving Kuwait to come back to the states. June 30th. We are hopeful that he will be home, here at the house, by Mason's first birthday. I am already starting to plan a Welcome Home and Birthday Celebration for the same day after Matt gets home. I am so excited for Matt to come home and get to know this little guy!


0 comments:
Post a Comment