I already told you how much I love this fall season. Here are a couple of more reasons why. I love the crisp feeling in the air when you wake up, and I love the fog that is rolling on the open fields just after dusk . Last night I was driving home from a lesson and there was this fog all over every open field off the side of the highway. It seriously looked like something in a movie where they used a fog machine. It was really eerie but beautiful at the same time. I love the way it looked with the moon lighting it and just how everything looked.
Also I love decorating my home. My mom and Matt say that I am "nesting" but I am really just having fun because I love this time of year when all the holidays just come one after another.
I have to tell you about one of my decorations that is getting most of the intention by all who come in my house. My mom made a quilt for me and I love it so much! The quilt is called The Witch's Wardrobe. The quilt displays everything that a witch might wear in her every day life, including bras. I was showing one of my student's mom and explaining the quilt and my student came over and said, " Why is there a bra on that?" I told her what the quilt was about and she replied," That is just silly." That's right my young performer, it is a very silly quilt and that is why I love it so much! It is defiantly a conversation starter but I love how whimsical it is, and it just fits my moms personality to a tee, (sorry mom but it is true you can be rather silly some times. LOVE YOU!) Anyhew now that I have embarrassed my mom enough here is a pix of the famed quilt. Oh another little tidbit of the quilt, there is even padding in the bras on the quilt. When my mom does a project, she does it correctly!




5 comments:
The wall hanging is so cute!
That is so hilarious! Your mom did a phenominal job!
I love your parents...I definitely want to see them over New Year's...
What an amazing jdb quilt! I have the cutest witch (we call her Grizelda) on my front porch that your Mom made for me about 10 years ago. She has straw hair and the cutest outfit and a homemade broom. Maybe I will post her on my blog....
I am SO sorry, I thought about that this morning and would've called but then your phone is out and I was at Church...I was hoping you hadn't started it...you may not like the book...but who knows, maybe you will...
Post a Comment