Good morning everyone. Well after a long day of traveling yesterday we finally made it back late last night. Yesterday was a very fun day. Leaving around 10am, we first traversed to D.C. in pursuit of locating a quilting shop for my mom. After passing beautiful home after beautiful home, ranging in prices from 1 mil-4 million bucks,we finally located the little shop. My dad found a display case with kaleidoscopes which kept him occupied. I actually looked around and found a quilting pattern that I like and asked my mom how hard it was to make. She said that she would teach me the "paper technique" some time. I know what you are thinking, Becky quilting, WOOOWWWW.
Anyhew. After that we passed some more multi-million dollar homes enroute to the Washington D.C. Temple. We spent a good few hours there and enjoyed the session inside. I have never been in a Temple that large before. You pretty much need a map just to get you around the inside. It was very beautiful inside and I look forward to attending this Temple many more times.
So now it is about 5 pm, and still haven't had lunch. So we didn't want to loose the light of the day so we decided to go directly to D.C. to see the Cherry Blossoms that are in full beautiful bloom. It was so gorgeous. I knew there were a ton but I didn't think there were that many. Here are a few pix of yesterday.
-Elizabeth, you wanted a pix of the parents, well here is my dad practically running to find the perfect pix. And you know my mom, she doesn't like to be in pix.
--This is funny, the sign says "Caution, Low Tree Limbs Ahead" Ok but where are the railings from keeping you going into the water if you do smack into a tree limb?
Ok, so that is all the pix from today. I know a ton but it was beautiful. Well, today we are going to the Shenandoah valley. More pix later!


1 comments:
These pictures are incredible!!! Thank you for sharing and SO glad you made it to DC and back safely. Have another amazing day of exploring and hanging with your parents! LOVE your comment about no railings :-)
Post a Comment