Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 1-Charlottesville

So this week my parents are in town and I get to play tourist with them and learn all the things about the US history which has failed to stick to my memory from school. I am not kidding you I litterly can not remember learning some of this Civil War or general history information in school. I am not a "history buff" like my father or my hubby so I am joining my parents for the ride to learn more. So today we went to Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. I was so beautiful here. It was an overcast day but the tulips were almost in full bloom and there were a ton of them. It was really neat to see the gardens and to learn about the history of the house. There was a beautiful piano forte in the parlour but under lock and key so I don't even know if it works or not. Here are some pix from today, we weren't allowed to take pix inside of the house so here are some garden pix.

Oh and Matt has to work for the next few days so he isn't able to come with us but he will be with us on Thursday and Friday.



Next stop tomorrow the D.C. Temple, Tyson's Corner and the Cherry Blossom Festival.

3 comments:

The Fifes said...

SO COOL! Love your pictures of the flowers. Have a super fun day tomorrow exploring.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

Sorry, my roommate I guess signed onto her blogger account on my computer, thus the deleted comment...hmm, gonna have to talk with her about her use of my computer rights...
Anyways, what I said was:
Your hair is SOOOO long!!! I think it is almost longer than mine is! How did it grow that fast?? You know, when I saw that first picture I thought, I think that is Monticello! And sure enough! Some of that history stuff stuck in my brain, but I really struggle with quite a lot of it. Pictures of 'rents please!!! Missing you!