Friday, February 22, 2008

My Handy Man, Man

I have some good news everyone. Matt was a handy man yesterday for me. It was a first for us though. I have been more handy then him in the past. Well our vanity light in our master bath was falling off the wall and I was scared to touch it, cause it might fall and break our mirror or the marble countertops. Well he came home and actually took off the light and didn't get electrocuted by the wires. Anyways we found out that the little block of wood that the light was hanging on wasn't completly secured to the 2x4 and was leaning forward. Well Matt is going to try to figure out how to fix it or I am going to call President Byrd to fix it, cause I doubt that it is a warranty issue. Anyhew. here is a pix.


So the wood piece that the circle thing is attached to is supossed to be even with the other wood piece and it is not. It is like wedged between the 2x4 and the pvc pipe. You can wiggle it,


Here is a top pix of the wood piece, not "flush" with the other wood.


Our pretty light fixture was too heavy and almost fell off the wall

4 comments:

The Fifes said...

Oh wow! We'll have to see if "someone else" will take care of that for you :-) If not, I suppose it will be good experience for Matt. This Sunday night for dinner would be wonderful if that works okay for you both?? Hope you have a blessed day and talk to ya lata.

The Fifes said...

I will be done at 5pm on Sunday so sometime closer to that might work better, but it's totally up to you! Just let me know. Would you like us to bring anything??

Melisa said...

I have to say dito on the not so Handy Husbands ,usually I get that calling but every once in a while he'll break out his skills and do a pretty good job, its just having to wait until he has time that usually gives me the title of Handy Woman! Good Luck with the light!

CCmomma said...

Good job Matt! Love the new blog look and your reasoning. Miss ya, becky!