Sunday, February 24, 2008

It Is Finished

Well, just got back from church and everyone said that I did great and really enjoyed the playing. But by my standards, a perfectionist, I did horrible. Oh well. Better luck next week I guess. I am still "filling in"

Also I got the best compliment I could get. So we had our branch conference today so the stake leaders where there. I was waiting to go up the isle before church began and a lady came up to me and introduced herself to me as part of the Young Women's Stake Presidency and asked, "Are you a new young women to this branch?" I got this huge grin on my face and said, " No, I am not and I am 26 years old." She said, "Oh, really? You look like you are 17-18 years old." I thanked her for making my day and we both just laughed. Well I am 26 and I look 17 so when I am in my 40's I will look like I am in my 30's. That is going to be great.

5 comments:

The Fifes said...

That kind of compliment is ALWAYS a wonderful thing!! Congrats on doing a great job and can't wait to hang with you and Matt very soon :-)

Elizabeth said...

How awesome! And I am glad today went well. I know you were a little stressed. Miss you!

Elizabeth said...

How awesome! And I am glad today went well. I know you were a little stressed. Miss you!

roseanne said...

Yeah, sounds like you did a great job. That same thing happened to me 4 months ago in Relief Society. They asked me 2 minutes before it started! I was able to barely get out praise to the man but as for Joseph Smith's first prayer- forget about it! I wish I could play as good as you!

The Fifes said...

Hey Becky! So starting next week will it be okay if I stay at your house every Monday night?? I hope so 'cause it'd be fun hanging out. Have a great evening and hope Matt has safe travels on Wednesday. Talk to you soon!