Friday, April 20, 2012

Our Trip To Arizona

Mason and I are recovering from our wonderful trip to Arizona. Man the time change, back 3 hours is a killer for a baby who just got into a pattern of sleeping really well at night. We have been back for a few days and I finally found some quiet time to do this. Actually Mason has been great today. I made 3 different batches of his food today which is a lot for me to do in one day so KUDO'S TO ME! Back to the trip details... We arrived just before Easter which allowed me to a) EAT TIA ROSA'S Supper Yummy REAL Mexican food and b) get a SUPER CUTE outfit for him for Easter.

We stayed at my parent's house and my mom loved rocking Mason to sleep at night. And Mason grew to love it too as I am now trying to break that habit and get him used to falling asleep in his crib without me touching or standing over him. We had a wonderful morning brunch with Matt's parents the morning of Easter where they got their "alone" time with the munchkin to get to know him without him being interested in all the kids around. Ivelen, Matt's mom, learned pretty quick how he likes to crawl and just do his own thing, but also he loves to be cuddled too. He let us eat brunch in quiet and just crawled and played at our feet under the table. VERY CUTE! We got some great pix but they are on my MIL's camera and I will add them when I can. Mason also loved his Grandpa Branum too. He just kept staring at him trying to figure him out and would sit so well on his lap. Gary is just a great guy that all the kids love!

~Cuddle time with Grandma and Grandpa Birchett~
~Mace playing at my parent's house. He loves playing with empty bottles.~

I got to show Mace off at my church that I grew up in. I loved being able to see all the people I grew up with and show them my cute little guy. Poor Mace was so tired but refused to sleep during church. Later that night my mom made an amazing dinner for us, my niece and nephew and Auntie Kathrine. Plus a little Paula Dean dessert to top off the night and we were just one happy bunch of people that evening.
~Mason and his cousins, Jordan and Cait~
~Mr. Stud Muffin himself~

Monday we spent all day with Auntie Kathrine which we loved! Mace got some cute outfits and so did Auntie K too! I got to eat some yummy pizza that is similar to the pizza that Matt and I love in NYC.
~Mason and Auntie K~
Tuesday I had lunch with AMAZING WOMEN in my fam. My Aunt Diane, Aunt Louann, Holly and my mom at one of my fav restaurants Cracker's and the dessert, yummo! (Yes I did indulge on my vacation because I only get the amazing food 1 or 2 times a year and darn it there are just some things in life that you need to have every now and then. There is nothing wrong with a little goodness in life, but since then, cold turkey on sweets and goodies!)

Wednesday was the day at the zoo with Matt's fam. Mace chilled in his car seat most of the day with his hat and sunglasses. Neither of us got burned which is a TOTAL SHOCKER. And we even got to ride the carousel at the end of the day and guess what animal Mace rode on... THE ALLIGATOR! I was bummed that there weren't any real ones at the zoo anymore. Apparently one of the alligators ate the other alligator and yeah the bad alligator got sent away because he was a little dangerous. I didn't want to drive to west PHX to see the albino or any other alligators. Too far away.
~Mason and his Aunt Marie and his cousins~
~Mason and his cousin De Sha~
~Mace chillin in his stroller. Check out his feet. He loves to put them up on the bar!~
~Mason, the amazing alligator rider!~
~The whole fam! Mason was too busy looking at the turtles and ducks in the water to be bothered with a pix.~
~Me and K~
~Mace and K~
Thursday was a chill day for me.  Mom and I went to Tia Rosa's Taqueria for lunch were we discovered Mason's love for rice. Later in the week we found out that he also loves beans too! A product of both Matt and I that is for sure!
~Mason's Rice Face~

I did go out that night without Mason. This was the first time that I left Mason with someone and went out and had fun. Other times I have left him I had to run errands and hurry back but not this time. I took my time. I enjoyed my time free of a child. And I kept forgetting that I didn't have a HUGE diaper bag to carry with me or to be worried about. I had a wonderful dinner with Auntie K and a friend of hers.

Friday I got to see my BFF Laura and another high school friend Kathy who I recently reconnected with over facebook and blogging. It was so great to see them and their kids! Then it was dinner with all of Matt's fam at my MIL house. It was great. We had quite the spread of Mex food and also homemade strawberry ice cream.
~BFF Laura~
~The kiddos~
~Kathy and her son who is 3 months younger~

Saturday was breakfast with my extended fam at Crackers again. Then my niece and nephew stayed at my parent's house all day and night and so did Auntie K. We played a fun game of Monopoly and then went out to dinner for Jordan's 14th b-day which was in a few days. After dinner the kids went to the church dance and Kat and I went to go see Hunger Games. Again baby free! I got to enjoy it quite a bit and there were some things that I apparently missed the first time through due to the drive in theater. I couldn't see some things in as good of detail as I did at the theater.

Sunday was another day at church and after church Matt's dad came to visit us at the house to meet Mace for the first time. I am kicking myself because about 10 min after Mark left I remembered I needed to take a pix of him and Mace and didn't get it darn it!  We will be back at the end f the year and will get a few then but still I am so mad that I forgot. Then Mace and I left early Monday morning and here we are that the end of the week. I am so far behind I have yet to take his 9 months pix still but I finally did his laundry and will get them tomorrow!

Anyhew I did a bunch of yard work yesterday and today and am beat. Gonna get these pix on here now and I am signing off for the time being. I am so glad that we got to see most of you guys while we were there. If we didn't see you, I will try to catch you next time but a week is a very short time to try and fit everyone in on 2 sides of the fam and fam come first.

0 comments: