Wednesday, March 21, 2012

8 Months


I am so excited that my guy is 8 months old. Everyone keeps telling me that this is THE perfect age because they start to show their personalities and they are more active and they start to respond to you. Well, Mason has definitely started showing his personality. HE IS SUPER STRONG WILLED!!! Or STUBBORN! This kid takes after his momma in that department. When Mace doesn't like something he will let you know, very loudly!


Example: Mace has moved to his crib at night, yea for me, and has learned that if he cries I come in. Well one night he was just being mean about it and every time I just start to fall asleep he would wail. I decided it was time to be tough mommy and not put up with this nonsense anymore. So, I didn't come in. I didn't rescue him. I didn't coddle him. I let him cry, and cry and cry. He cried for 2 hours straight before he fell asleep. Only to sleep for 2 hours and start crying again. But it was a start. The next night same thing. He started crying. I left him there. I accidently fell asleep while he was crying, I was trying to ignore him while he cried and I actually fell asleep. Anyhew so I have no idea how long he cried for. The past 2 nights have been amazing he is waking up at a reasonable hour to feed and I am ok with that. Then he goes right back in until 7am. He might be very stubborn but I think I am more than him. 


Mason is crawling like a champ now! He has started to venture into the kitchen area where he discovered Archer's water bowl. Poor Archer went to see what was going on because he heard his bowl being messed with and ran away because Mace was splashing water EVERYWHERE! Very cute but not. 


Mason has stated to babble more and likes to say "ba-ba" a lot. And it is super cute the way he is figuring out how to make his mouth work. Also if you say "Hello" to him he will grunt back to you in response which is very funny. He loves to hear me say "mama and dada" but he hasn't said it yet. His fav food is still sweet potatoes and loves to watch Wheel of Fortune. He also knows how to work the cute factor with all the ladies, he is a major flirt already! 

Mason you are growing too big too fast. Yet you are the perfect size and perfect in every way, still in 6-8 month clothing! I am so blessed to have you in my life. You are a wonderfully sweet baby with a smile that will melt anyone in visual distance and are such a joy to be around. I love you baby boy!
~Out takes~



1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute! Love the hair cut!!