My little angel is 5 months old... yesterday! The time has thankfully and sadly flown by. I am thankful because that means that we are just 1 month closer to Daddy being home but I miss my small little baby! My friend had her baby last week and E is just so small and tiny and I miss those days when Mace was that small!
Grandma and Grandpa are in town this week for Christmas. I am so thankful they are here so that I don't have to fly across the country with a baby that doesn't like to be confined for long periods of time and so that I am not alone. We have been so excited for them to come and what does Mason do when he see them, he cries. A LOT! It is hard being so far from them and for him not to remember them. I think this is sadly preparing me for how it is going to be when Matt comes home.
Mason doesn't seem to have grown that much this past month. But I see him everyday. He is just a happy little chunky baby who knows who his Mommy is and is starting to prefer me to hold him over strangers. It is a very odd but warm fuzzy feeling. Babies have always tried to get away from me when I held them and this kid wants me and only me. I love it, I really do.
He rolled from back to tummy for the first time just before my birthday, which of course I missed it. I hoped he would do it again for my birthday but he didn't. He hasn't done it since but I have been flipping him over to help him out.
He loves to be rough housed! HE IS SUCH A BOY! He loves to be tickled all over, nibbled, and swung upside down. He does not take after Daddy on the part because he would have puked all over me by now with the way Daddy has motion sickness. He loves to giggle and smiles all the time. He is so patient in the grocery store, which by the way he is now sitting in the shopping cart seat at the store and holds on to the rail. IT IS SO STINKING CUTE! He will now sleep 9 hours straight at night most nights. We have our ups and downs with that but he is doing well with the sleep department. He also takes 3 naps a day sometimes 1.5-2 hours each still!
I am so thankful every single day for this little kid in my life. I know that he was sent to us during this time to help me get thru this difficult year of Matt being deployed. Mace is the one keeping me sane. I miss Matt like crazy especially at this time of year. Everyone keeps asking me if he is coming home, no he is not. I pray everyday that if it is possible for him to come home that he would but I also pray for strength to get thru this time without him. I went to a cookie swap the other day and most of the cookies are being sent to him and his unit for Christmas. Anyhew Happy 5 months Mason! Mommy and Daddy love you so much!
1 year ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment