Sunday, December 25, 2011

Mason's First Christmas


It is here and it was done with so quickly. All those days of anticipation of having the wrapped gifts under the tree and for it to be over so quickly with the excitement of tearing open the wrapping paper to see the prize inside. Anyhew it was a GREAT Christmas! Matt was able to join us via Skype, I love Skype, and he got to watch Mace open all of his gifts along with some for us. I wish so much that Matt was able to be here with us but we got the next best thing.

Mace got a LIFE SIZED Alligator, which I think was more for me than anything! It is the coolest thing. Some great toys and of course all of his plates, cups, spoon and bowels for the next phase of his life, solid food. Mace was so excited with his toys. And of course ripping all the paper off. He did a great job with his first Christmas. Before we were done he was passed out on Grandma. So sweet.

It has been a wonderful week with Grandma and Grandpa here. We have been just spending time hanging out at the house. Eating at one of our fav restaurants here in Charlottesville, Timberwood Grill. For Christmas Eve we had yummy baked potato soup and croissant sandwiches. For Christmas dinner I am making a yummy soy rubbed tenderloin which is making the whole house smell like fresh baked bread. Thank you Paula Dean for your recipe.

But my fav thing of all is to spend time with my family and be together. I am so glad that they were here with me and that Matt was with us for a bit on the computer. I hope Mason knows how much all of us love him. I am thankful for him in my life and for him to finally be here with us. Wishing all of you a very Merry Chirstmas, Love the Allens!
~Christmas Eve~




 ~Christmas Day~

~Grandma and Mace at Christmas Dinner having a great time! So cute!~
 ~Archer enjoying his new toy~

2 comments:

Jean said...

So great to see you and your mom and dad and Mason having such a great Christmas together... the one of Mason and your mom w/Mason laughing is really cute! I thought I would see if I can copy and print it so Gramma Cogdill can see.
We had a great Christmas with Ben/Jenica/Kate and the rest of the family... it was nice to have them all together. It doesn't happen very often. But it was wonderful!
Got an email from Aunt Diane and she said that your mom caught a cold on the way home... that's too bad. At least she didn't have it while you all were together.. that would not have been as much fun!
Well... take care... keep up the good blogging!
Happy New Year!

Jean said...

Well of course I can't copy the picture... (duh...) anyway if you want to share would you please send it to me at my email so I can give it to Gramma C. thanks.
Hugs... Aunt Jean