Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bad Mother Part 2

Argh!!!! I am such a bad mother to our dog. So this morning I was checking his mouth before I was going to brush his teeth and noticed that part of his back molar tooth was missing. There is a huge break in it and a huge chunk is completely missing. Now I have to take him in to the vet today, which is not one of his happy places, probably more so after his "procedure". And someone is going to be messing with his mouth which he hates it when I look at it and they are going to poke and prod it and possibly worse if they have to drill at it or remove it. I don't know how this dog is going to forgive me after this. Worse thing is that I don't even know when this happened. He has been eating fine, so it must not hurt that bad but he was wincing when I was poking and prodding at it. Now he is hiding under my covers sleeping. Poor Archer.

On to happier news after my previous ranting and raving...

We got invited to eat Thanksgiving dinner at a family's home. Beka (since we have the same name it is nice that she like to go by Beka and me Becky) and Basil are the same age as Matt and I and they have 4 kids, one of them is in my primary class, and have been married for 10 years. She was married at 16. It is nice that they are the same age as us but 10 years married. I can't even imagine being married at 16 in high school. So weird. Well they are from UT and have no fam out here so it will be fun. We are going to have a full Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimming and just split who is making what. So far I am making the Honey Baked Ham, yum, potatoes, yummy, bringing the greens, yummier, and a streusel pumpkin pie, yummiest! She wants to fry the turkey, not sure what that means but I do know that doing that is one of the largest risks for fire at Thanksgiving, the rolls, stuffing, and not sure what else she is doing. It will be good none the less. Anyhew that's all at this end of the US. Stay tuned at the same Allen channel for more to come.

-------------------------Update----------------------------------

Well Archer and I just got back from the vet. He has a lateral tooth fracture. Instead of a vertical cut on the tooth, just the side chunk of tooth was broken off. There is still a piece of tooth in his gums that they have to put him asleep and go and get it. At that time they will see if they can salvage his whole tooth or remove all of it. It is his left molar tooth that has been damaged. He has his apt for Monday morning and it will take a few days for it to heal. At least I am off all next week from teaching to help him. Starting today I have to give him some antibiotic pills, which I have to force feed because he hates taking pills, and a mouth wash stuff I have to squirt into his mouth on his teeth especially the back molar. He is so mad at me now. Well we'll see how he does for the next few days.

-----------------------Update #2---------------------------------

I took Archer to his surgery today. We just got a call from the Dr's office and he did fine during the surgery and they were able to save his tooth. We get him back tonight.

I did a ton of Christmas shopping today. Since we are mailing all the gifts we have to get them quite early and sent out early to make sure they gett there by Christmas. This week since I am not teaching I am decorating the house. I was going to put up the lights on the house, but I think it would be better if Matt was there, just in case he had to call 911 cause I fell off our house. Still trying to figure out how we are going to put lights up and where we, correction, I am going to be putting them. Matt is such a Mr. Grinch about decorating. Anyhew, that's all folks!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I wonder how long it has been like that. (the tooth)
Fried turkey is soooooo good. You will love it. They put the whole turkey into a huge fryer and inject it with good tasting stuff. I had it that Thanksgiving I spent with ex-boyfriend Mark. Very good.

Melisa said...

Wow I'm lucky to remember to brush Cameron's teeth everyday, so the mere fact that you actually brush Archers teeth is amazing to me and proof that you are, a great mom.