Friday, November 9, 2007

Why us?!?

So now that winter is quickly approaching we have had to start using our heater because it is getting very cold at night. Well I turned it on the other night and could have sworn that I heard it running at 3am and when I woke up it was freezing in our house. I checked the digital thermostat and it was completly blank. I pushed all the buttons and turned off the breaker power and then back on. Nothing happened. I removed the face plate and nothing. So I located our contractor sup in the subdivision and asked if I had to wait 11 months to report this, inside joke, or if it constituted as an "emergency warranty fix." He said that it was considered a emergency fix and asked that I call the company who installed it. They guy came out yesterday and said he fixed it and the heater was one, current temp inside the house at the time was a balming 55 degrees. 30 minutes after he left the heater died again, go figure. I called him and told him what happened and he said that he thinks that it was the actual circuit board that needed to be replaced but the earliest that he could get one would be this morning. Well he spent 3 hours here today trying to fix it. The new board still did not fix the problem . He ended up swapping our brand new pretty digal thermostat reader for an old ghetto 80's style ugly thing. Well it has now been 30 minutes that he has been gone for and the heater is still working just fine. He said that he will bring a replacement reader next week and to call if there are any problems. Everyone cross your fingers that nothing will happen.

Archer has finally almost completly healed from his "procedure." About a week he was trying to clean all the adhesive glue off his area which caused swelling to the area and I thought that his stiches were going to bust off. Now he just has a scab there and I have to spray this bitter apple stuff on him so that he won't lick at his "boo, boo." He is adjusting very well. He is more of a momma's boy now and won't let me leave a room without him right on my heels. He also is more cuddly than before. The missionaries said that he looks different, and they make fun of him calling him an "it" instead of a boy dog. You can't get good help these days, now Archer is going to have to get therapy to help him cope with the loss of his manhood. (j/k)

Matt returns home today from a business trip to DC but leaves again on Sunday morning for another one to St. Louis for a week. The funny thing is, that I don't remember him telling me that he was going to do a ton of traveling with this new job. He has been gone for at least a week every month since he started. He loves what he does and I am proud him.

I have 16 students now, and a piano teacher in the area called me to tell me that she is giving my info to her students cause she is getting married and moving away. I also have about 6 others still thinking about taking lessons. Everyone says I have a ton of students but it doesn't feel like it. I am having so much fun. For halloween I dressed for my lessons and the kids had a lot of fun with that. I got one pix because we lost our SD disk for our camera. Not sure if I am going to post it or not. It didn't turn out very well. One of my students knew it was me but was so nervous that he couldn't focus during the lesson. That's about all in this corner of the US for us. Can't wait for Thanksgiving, I get my first vacation week from teaching. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Sorry we can't come home for the holidays this year but maybe in a year or two.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Or two!?!?!? What are you trying to do to me? :) I miss you sooooo much! Glad to read your update, and I will definitely keep your heater in my prayers.