Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Sweetest Place on Earth...

Hershey PA! The military has great ways to help us see the world. We just spent the weekend in beautiful PA, I really think that state is so pretty, and had a great time staying at the Hershey Lodge. We were given candy bars for each of us, including Mace, when checking in. I was approaching the check in counter where Matt and Mace were, Mace was sitting on the counter holding the chocolate candy bar and when he saw me he held it up in pure joy like he was saying, "Mommy, look what I got!" Super cute. We did figure out that Mace does take after me with his affinity to chocolate. It is how we woke him up on Sunday morning and got him out of his super crabby mood. And how I calmed him down when he was not wanting to stop crying. I think I have found the best bribe for when I am trying to potty train him. We shall see but man he loves chocolate and just eats it up!
~The great wall of stairs as we called them. Mace had fun climbing up them, many many many times!~
~At the top! Sorry it is blurry!~
The military sent us there as a family to attend the Yellow Ribbon program which is a reintagration program for soldiers. It is really great. The have vendors there for education and jobs and teach classes on how to be a normal person again. All Army reservists are required to attend these programs before and after they return. We didn't go to any of the before his deployment because he was in Afghanistan and oh yeah, they had one the 2 days before I was being induced so NO THANK YOU! MY HUSBAND WAS NOT GOING TO LEAVE ME. NO WAY NO HOW!!! So now we go and enjoy them and both Mace and I get to go on the military's dime.
~Waiting to go to daycare. And I was able to snap a pix of how big he is getting.~
On Sat afternoon we went to Hershey park. So much fun. I told Matt I wanted to go on just 1 roller coaster and I ended up going on 3. He walked Mace around or rather watched Mace walk around while I waited in the lines to go on AMAZINGLY FUN RIDES!!! There were more that I wanted to go on but 3 was the limit. Maybe someday we will go back and I will go on as many as I want. But I did do some pretty cool ones. Including a brand spanking new one that you pull negative G's on 4 times. (means you are catching some air) SO FUN!
~This is called Farenheit, not the newest roller coaster but I Did this. Pretty crazy. More than a 90 degree drop on it as it curves into itself.~

We are glad to be back as it is a long drive with a 1 year old in the back of the van but Mace was a trooper and did pretty well until the last 40 min. He was done by that point. Poor kid but he is AMAZING!!!
~Daddy and Mace chillin in the room, and you can see Mason has a chocolate mustache.~

 ~Around town~

I did pretty well myself in not going crazy with the chocolate. I just had a few pieces of chocolate and a cookie and that was all. I am fighting my addiction to chocolate and other yummy things that I should only eat in moderation and not all the time like I used to want to. I am getting better and I am approaching the 40 lbs lost mark and I am excited to reach that point and be below my pre pregnancy weight!!! Almost there! We have a new follower to the blog! Wanted to give a huge thank you to my Grandma Dickson for checking out the blog and wanted to thank all of you for reading it. I do this for family and as my electronic journaling. Enjoy!
 ~The pretty scenery in Harrisburg, PA!~

0 comments: