Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Us.

So you are probably wondering, "What happened to the Allen's? Did Becky not make it through the Star Trek date night?" I survived, don't worry. It was actually a lot of fun. I now have a killer homemade marinara sauce that it amazing, and even though I fell asleep during the episodes, sorry Matt, we did have fun and Matt really like me customizing the date to his likes as well. The next week we had a Pirates of the Caribbean theme, we had Pineapple and Rum chicken and then we were supposed to watch the first Pirates movie, but the Home Teachers showed up. That kind of killed the night. I don't know what theme to do this week. Anyone have any ideas?


Anyhew, I am just getting slammed with students this week. I have 27 students now, 26 piano and 1 horn student and I have a waiting list. I can't believe I have a waiting list. It is so amazing how much I have been blessed with this business. I love teaching my little musicians. In a few weeks the piano studio will be 2 years old. I can't believe that my little idea has blossomed into this successful business.

Matt is staying busy at his work plus doing extra military duty on the weekends. He hasn't had a weekend off since Seven Springs and won't get another weekend off for another 2 weeks. He has to make up all the drills he missed when he was over seas, I know it doesn't make sense, but he was not over there for the military, so technically he has to make them up.

Matt and I are in the process of re-financing our home. We found a killer APR that we couldn't resist, and the stupid county taxes were going to kill us with their hike this year so we decided to just get a lower rate and reduce our amount. We are excited for that but just want the process to be done and over. We had the appraisal guy over yesterday and he gave us major kudos on our backyard transformation. He said that it looked really good and was a huge plus for us. So we will see. The whole goal is to get higher than what we had when we moved in 2 years ago, but with the market the way it is we don't know. The good thing, a house in our neighborhood that is the same model sold 6 months ago for WAY over what we bought our house at and even higher than our original appraisal amount, so that is a good thing, hopefully.

That's about all on the Allen front. Matt works, and I teach and read a ton of books. Oh, and I finally figured out what to get my mom for Christmas. For 27 years I have never known the perfect gift for my mom and always questioned if what I got her would be good, but this year I finally figured it out and hopefully I will finish it in time to give to her for Christmas. So I am really proud of that. Alright, thanks everyone for reading. Hopefully I will have an interesting blog someday, but my life is pretty much the same day to day.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

You are so creative Becky! I want to come down and have Movie inspired food! I am not suprised at all that you have a successful business- You are the absolute best :D