Saturday, August 22, 2009

Garden

Two really interesting things happened this week in the garden. First of all, the gardenia bush that we just bought has finally started to bloom. We have 2 open buds on there right now and the smell is intoxicatingly beautiful! There are many non-open buds still on the bush and it will be covered with blooms very soon, I hope. That bush is only about 1 foot tall and wide now and is supposed to get about 5x5 feet. I can't wait.


The second, something has gotten to one of my tomatoes. It is the first animal attack on my veggie garden. I just hope that they don't go after my carrots next cause I have been waiting forever to pick them. Hopefully this hurricane will dump some much needed water in our yard to help my babies grow.

Other little tidbits: I have been experimenting on Matt again with new recipes. So far I am 1:1. I made baked chicken the other night and he loved it. Last night I made chicken chili rellenos, and he didn't like it so much, he didn't like the pepper in the middle. Tonight is chicken cordon bleu. I am pretty sure he won't like it but it is one of my favs and I am making it from scratch. So wish me luck.

Also I am busy teaching my students, practicing for my own lessons, and another completely different creative activity. I even had one of my students give me a thumbs up on my projects I have been working on since last December. I started having major doubts on it yesterday so I asked her to help boost my moral on my project. More on what that project is later, but it has been very interesting and somewhat time consuming. (if you know what the project is, please don't post a comment about it, I am being mysterious for now.) Anyhew that's all here on the front. Today is a baby shower for my friend Kimberly and I am excited to see her. I haven't seen her in months.

Congrats to Nat and Brendon on their new baby girl Vivian. (Can't wait to see how much of a curly top that kid will be.)

1 comments:

The Fifes said...

YAY! I'm SOOO excited to see you today (where have the months gone?)!!!! Your recipes sound amazing. Glad to hear your cousin had her baby. See you soon!!!