Tuesday, May 6, 2008

SOL's, Sweating, and Recital...OH, My

Lets start with the SOL's. No it does not mean the bad word thing but it is called the Standards of Learning here in VA for the Standard Exams that are offered to students in like 3rd, 5th, 7th and I think 9th grade. All of my students are freaking out about it and we have the recital in 11 days now. If they don't pass the SOL's they have to take summer school. Well they are SOL if they don't pass I guess, but whatever. And by the way who the heck came up with the name of the exam? I wonder if the "nickname" ever crossed their minds when they were pitching the title of the exam names.

So yesterday I started the next phase level 3-4 of my workout regime for Power 90. Yesterday I did the circuit training, and still feel the affects of it today when I did the sweat training. My bum is killing me from all the squats and lunges from yesterday and having to pick up my leg for the kicking part of the CD did not help much. I AM GOING TO GET IN SHAPE AND GET HEALTHY IF IT KILLS ME...( I know I am a drama queen but it took me over an hour to get through both sections yesterday and today and it should take me 45 min. I will get there I promise you.) For some weird reason I am actually kind of liking the whole, can't move my bum is killing me, cause I know I am doing something good. All it takes is to Decide to do it, Commit to do it, and You WILL Succeed!!!!!!!

As I said earlier the recital is in only 11 days from now. I am super stoked about it and also very nervous as well. Everything has been arranged and it will be a very fun night. I am still trying to make my piano piece even better but for some crazy reason I keep listening to the 5 Browns play my recital piece and want to reach through the speakers and say, "How do you play so perfectly, every single time?" MOM DON'T READ THIS PART...Not that you don't already know what it is. I tried to make a CD for Mother's Day to send to my mom and mom-in-law with a few songs, but I was all by myself in my living room, and after 9 takes I still can't play the end of my big piece/recital piece, without biffing up like crazy. I just listened to it again and I can not convince myself to burn it on a CD. I will probably try again but I fear that it just won't be as good as I want it to be. Well, I'll keep you posted with the results. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Wow thats great about the whole work out stuff , My sisters in law and I did a simular thing last month and have extended it to the end of May so I need to get my butt in gear. I agree with you on the whole enjoying excercise being crazy but sometimes it just feels good to acomplish something for me.

Elizabeth said...

I need to call you. I hope practicing and the recital goes/is going well!! I still think that is hilarious about those SOL's! :)