Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's All HIS Fault

For once I can say that something broken is not my fault. Matt broke my car. Yes he did. He broke the drivers seat. I have no idea how but now the back rest won't lock into place, except all the way back. So since my in-laws are coming to town this is actually perfect timing cause Matt can just take the truck and I can just ride with the laws. On Tuesday I am taking the car in to hopefully get fixed, under warranty.

Also we are taking on a new project. I started digging a ditch in my front yard, and Matt is going to finished it for me, between the flower bed and the grass to keep the grass out of my newly blooming flowerbed. Now I have finally convinced Matt to let me get some stone for a border. Today we are going to pick out the stone we will use to make the border. Now we just have a super dangerous ditch. Matt dug it a little too wide and deep about a foot wide and 3/4 foot deep. We also got some huge, already made planter beds for a raised veggie garden from a church friend. They are about 10x2. We got 2 of them and I am going to start preparing the beds this year for next years garden. I am so excited.

Matt is in the process of getting an extension for staying in the military. That is correct, he wants to stay in. It actually has been pretty cool with the support he has gotten from his commanding officer a Lt. Colonel and also the CW5 (Chief Warrant Officer 5) who has the support of a 1 star General. Matt has also been promised to get a rental car the next time he goes to the Warrant Officer School in AZ, yes he is going back but now with this support he will not get sent home. We figured that with almost 8 years in the military he might as well go until he hits his 20 year point with the military to get his retirement benefits. So only 12.5 years left of the military. This is something he wants to do and I will fully support his decision. Well that is about all with us over here. Hope everyone is having a great start of the summer!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

THAT'S FANTASTIC!!! You didn't tell me that about Matt, that is so cool!!! And a rental car, yay!

How in the WORLD did Matt break the seat? And in your cute little mini!