Saturday, November 17, 2012

WE HAVE MOVED!!!

It is official. We signed our life away on Nov 1 and started moving things over that day. We were all the way moved in 2 days later on the 3rd. It was a short and hard move. We spent many hours driving back and forth loading and unloading stuff in our van on Friday the 2nd, it is a 2 hour round trip just to get from our house to the rental. Yes we call it the rental now because that is what it is and as of yesterday, WE HAVE A RENTER! Anyhew Friday we did 3 loads, 2 of which were with 3 vehicles. And Sat we had the big well somewhat big moving truck and had to make 2 trips with that thing. But we are in our amazingly awesome, big, beautiful home.
~Mason found this while we were packing and started to have way too much fun! I couldn't help but take pix~



The house is still being put together, but about a week ago from today we had almost all of the boxes unpacked and put away on the main living areas. That does not include the storage areas in the basement and I have no idea what are in those boxes yet. Still a work in process. Also yesterday I did put some pix up in the living room, so I feel like my house is becoming my home.
~Mace enjoying his last croissant in the house, the day before we moved~

Mace is enjoying the new home and the 2 flights of fun stairs he gets to climb up and down on. He loves to climb the stairs and I am thankful he is so good at it because that is what he is always doing. Sometimes he does it when I don't know he is, like when I am making dinner I will turn around and he is already half way down the stairs to the basement where his toy room is. But mostly we are watching him. He knows where his room is for nap nap and where the diaper pail is for dirty dippers, which I now make him throw away. Oh and because of the move I found out that he will listen to direction. He knows how to, "put it back," "clean up", "put your toys back in the crib", "trash trash, throw it away", and now "lets feed the dog." He has his little chores he does now. When he throws his dinner on the floor out of protest, I make him clean it up and throw it away. (the dog is usually out on the deck because Mace tries to feed him his food and the dog is getting fat.) He helps me feed the dog. We cleaned up his toy area in his play room the other night before bed. He is such a little helper and I love it. I also like seeing the results. I ask him to do something and he does it. I know that will not last forever and there are times he doesn't want to throw his own dirty diaper away but he is learning.
~Only pix I took from moving day. Too many things to do, too much stress.~

Archer had a hard time adjusting to the new house but seems to be acclimated to it now. I look forward to getting a fence for the backyard so I can just let him lose in the back. We have narrower lots at this house than the previous area and his "potty" area is a little more restricted. It is funny though because I put him on the leash to go potty and when I come in Mason likes to take the leash from me, with the dog still attached and he will "walk the dog". Archer doesn't like it because he is attached to the kid and the kid is pulling him around but he deals with it, and I don't let him stay attached for very long. but once I detach Archer Mason will still carry the leash around with him around the house. He loves holding it. Archer still doesn't like Mace all that much, excpet when Mace is feeding him food. He still keeps distance. Which is fine. Archer is an old man and doesn't put up with baby stuff anymore.

We are so thankful that we are in this house because we have so much more family time. Matt is home around 3 everyday and it is so nice to have so much time with him and as a family. We are really loving our new home and area! Hope this post finds everyone well. If you want our new contact info please email me or msg me and I will get it for you!!!

0 comments: