Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Week


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Just wanted to give a little update on how our Thanksgiving has gone thus far. Wednesday Matt took the day off so that we could do some field hands on weapon training. Yep that's right, we now own hand guns. Weird huh. Well Matt wanted me to have training on the proper way to use a gun and also to learn self defense training with the gun. We had so much fun. It was just the 2 of us for this class. It was just a ton of fun. Here are some pix of our target. Mine is the one with the most holes in the center part,which is really really good, and the teacher was really impressed since this was my second time shooting a hand gun. Matt was really proud too, but I got to take my time shooting.



Thursday, beautiful Thursday. It was just the 2 of us. Elizabeth was on her way to drive up here on Wednesday and she got stuck in traffic for hours and was barely out of Birmingham when traffic finally got better but it was already 5 in the afternoon and it was not worth the risk for her to drive out here and get in at like 3 am so we scrapped the weekend. So Matt and I celebrated Thanksgiving by driving 40 minutes to Boston Market and pick up food and bring it back home and eat it. Yummo. It was really good. I made my famous streussel topped pumpkin pie which turned out the best I have ever made it and Matt loved it. He actually only has 2 slices left and has been eating it non stop. Here is a pix of it.


Today, Friday we woke up at 3:30am and left at 4:20 am to go to Bed Bath and Beyond to hit the amazing sale and get some items that they only have like 2 of. Bed Bath and Beyond was supposed to open at 6am but when we got there the store decided to open early at 5. I got everything that was on the list, including my new bedding set, yea!!! When Matt is leaving I will be painting the house so I got a head start on decorating. It looks amazing and I am excited for the whole project to be done with. I'll post some pix later with our room, probably when it is painted cause the curtains get lost in the wall cause they are currently the same color.

Tomorrow, Matt and I are going to see Twilight together. Yeppers I actually convinced him to see it with me so we will see what he says about it. I think he is secretly curious about the movie and really wants to go but will never admit it.

Sunday is our Primary's Sacrament program, and I am the chorister so wish our primary luck! We hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Matt is leaving Monday night so remember to keep him in your prayers!

We miss and love everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

:( I want some streusal topped pumpkin pie...I was looking forward to that too...I am glad the week is going well for you though. I am so so so so so sorry...

The Fifes said...

You have a good shot! Bummer about your holiday plans changing at the last minute. Hope you are enjoying some time alone with your hubby over the weekend!