Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Be Safe


This one is for Matt:
May you be safe and sound as you are in a very dangerous place.
May you think of me often.
May you do your job well.
May you learn more about yourself and what you can do.
May you know of the love that our friends and family have for you.
May you remember that our Heavenly Father is watching out for you.
May you hear all the prayers that are being said for you.
May you know that Archer and I are being taken care of.
May you know of how much I love you and wish you were here.
Please be safe my love.
B.
*Matt left last night for his civilian deployment to Afghanistan for his 4 month deployment. Please pray for his safe return unharmed and better than he left. Thank you for all of your support and may the Lord be with you this Holiday Season and bless your family as much as He has blessed mine!*
**I just got my one call from Matt. He has arrived safely in Qatar. He will be catching his next flight to his final location on the 4th. He basicly is getting 2 days of "free days" where he doesn't have to do anything, cause he really can't. So he has already been hitting the gym there and meeting some other co-workers.**

6 comments:

The Fifes said...

You and Matt are both so dear to me. Matt, you are in my daily thoughts & prayers. Thank you for your daily sacrifices and abounding hard work for our beautiful Country! Becky, we will have much fun hanging out while your Love is away.

Melisa said...

You will both be in our prayers.

Emily said...

Hello! I grew up in the same neighborhood as Matt (he'll know me -Emily- and my brother Marc Crandall). I'd like to send him a care package for Christmas while he's deployed. I worked for USAA for a while and I know how much the soldiers need to hear from home. You can email me at e.guffey @ gmail.com if you'd like.

Natalie Service said...

Well now, this is a crappy time to leave!! But I'm sure thankful for him and the work that he and a whole lot of others are doing! STAY SAFE MATT!

Always praying for the soldiers!

Elizabeth said...

Boy, I started tearing up girl...

Gramyflys said...

Our best wishes to Matt while he is away. I think you are just as brave to let him go and spend this time alone, Beck. You are BOTH troopers in my book! Good luck to both of you!