Tuesday, November 11, 2008

People CAN Change...

My goodness it really can be done, people can change especially me. Today Matt and I got to spend the day together so we made a day trip to DC to pick up some supplies for his deployment for next month. Matt had me drive because he is just tired of driving all the time and he will be driving to North Carolina this Wednesday night and will be there for a few days. So we drove up through Fredericksburg and then hopped onto the 95 to go north to round out to the 495. Anyhew for those of you who don't know the people who drive on the 95 are very aggressive people, and if you are not going at least 80 mph they will run you down.

WAIT! STOP! HOLD THE TYPING! Some of you are probably saying. Most of you know my driving habits and know that I am a major lead foot driver. With my 3 speeding tickets and have been known to go 100+ from the drive from Flagstaff down to Phoenix. Yes I know I am bad, but since moving to slow-ville VA where the cops will give you a ticket for going 10 over your driving habits kind of change. I usually do not go faster than 72mph on the freeway here because I am so scared to get a ticket, which the law here is not a lenient as it is in AZ. So driving on the 95 today freaked me out because I was going over 72 mph. I was very skiddish about it. Remember the screaming Dion from Clueless as she accidental went on a LA freeway when she was practicing driving, that was pretty much me. SO I have officially realized that I can change especially my driving habits.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

:) I enjoyed this post!! :)

The Fifes said...

You are too cool. And I'm feeling the 72mph on the freeway. How you been girlie?