Hey everyone! Yesterday I actually took a break from reading, I know, amazing, but I kind of had to go to church. Well, I have made a couple of assessments of things that do not go well together.
Hot and Humidity are NOT the same thing, and put them together and it is even worse.
On a Hot and Humid day and there is no AC, it sucks.
Our Branch meets at the local high school. On Saturday we had a major storm roll through here and it knocked out the power in the area. Well no one remembered to reset the AC at the school until 10 minutes before church started. Outside it was already in the 80's with 75% humidity. Inside the school there were no windows to open to let any breezes in so it was very heavy and sticky for the whole 3 hours. At the end of church it looked like I had just gone swimming because my hair was soaked from sweating so much. I told the Branch Presidency that in AZ if the AC is out that school was canceled. The actually got a kick out of it since we meet at the school.
Yesterday at church I also finally had a "moment" of happiness with teaching singing time. The Jr. Primary kicked butt with singing and had a ton of fun doing it too. In Sr. primary there were only 4 of them but 1 of the boys actually sang so it was nice to have everyone finally participate.
Of Course, after church I ate and then went back to reading. I am loving the 4th book very much, but it is incredibly long!
Also a couple of weeks ago my visiting teaching partner and I had a luncheon with one of our people who is not active at all. I think we struck a very good chord with her cause she has been attending church now, and yesterday she made 2 huge helpings, like 2 9x13 size helpings of homemade Lasagna for my partner, whom she knew was having financial difficulty and was living off of food storage to get by for a family of 6. Anyhew, my partner invited me over tonight for Family night, since Matt will be out of town for training, and to enjoy some of the yummy fruits of our labors. That's really all that is going on, but I just wanted to share that last part cause that has never happened to me before, where I actually made a difference.
1 year ago


2 comments:
WOW! I could not agree more on the hot & humidity combined comment. So glad you are enjoying your books and are somehow already in Book #4. Hope it has also been very relaxing being able to read a lot. Thank you for your sweet comment on my post - I haven't had much to blog about since work has been so busy :( Miss you TONS!!!!! Can I stay Thursday night?
Are you kidding me? You HAVE made a difference before and on PLENTY of occasions and not just as a friend, spiritually as well...call me, I left a voicemail on your phone...
Post a Comment