Friday, June 27, 2008

EVIL BREAD

Bread is so evil. I just have to say that right out. With rising food prices and wheat prices and everything, we, meaning I am trying to be more domesticated with some of the food we eat. For example: I have been making our own cereal, just granola, no biggie. Matt and I enjoy eating our 12 gran or even 24 grain bread as long as it is mostly whole wheat, which is our fav. Well my current trial at this time is trying to get the bread to rise. I have seriously tried everything that everyone has told me. Sit it outside on a humid day to rise, I did that and when I went to move it to the oven it sunk, like as if someone popped a balloon. Put it in the oven with some warm water under, nope didn't work, barely moved. Put it on top of the oven with it at 375, not it even started to cook it too early. Seriously I have tried. Well I finally tried something different and it worked, kind of. It was not a whole wheat bread recipe but it rose and mostly stayed "raised" here is a pix. I promise you I do have a life but it is truly not that interesting.


~The Whole Wheat Bread~



~The Other Bread~




~Now Side by Side~



Also as promised here are some pix of my garden:


~I have about 10 tomatoes on this plant alone, my other 2 tomatoes are about to start producing as well. Also my purple bell pepper plant just flowered so I should be getting some bell peppers soon.~

~My Thyme and Rosemary just started to grow out of nowhere. I though that they had died!~

~Also I was told by my student's grandma that there was an article and pix on the newspaper today about the recital. The one day that that newspaper was delivered to my house and my studio is in it. Here is the clipping. I have it framed now and it is in my piano room. I didn't even know that they were going to put anything in the newspaper, so it was a huge surprise to me. One of the parents asked for the names of all the kids in order, I just thought that she wanted it for scrapbook reasons. Well I am very OK with free advertising.~

That's about it for tonight. Have a wonderful Saturday everyone. Also Melisa thanks for the swimsuits I love them!!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

:) Thank you for posting that!!! I miss you sooooooo much...

And I need to come over and help you with your bread...how old is your yeast? Was it brand new?

CCmomma said...

awesome girl! except for the rough bread. You are looking great! Can't wait to see you

gramyflys said...

Hi Becky! Lori Emig here...LOVE your garden. I have one too, and need to blog about it. Thanks for the idea. Bread. EVIL. I often have the same trouble, but I do think it is all about the yeast. Buy some new and keep it in the freezer or fridge.Get some gluten powder or liquid lecithin. Works wonders.Oh, I also loved the darling picture in the paper of your recital. That is just great!