Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Garden

My mother in law has requested to see pix of my garden. It is currently in early growth stages but I try to have something blooming at any given time from early spring until the end of fall. I am so proud that I have finally gotten it somewhat figured out! I love my garden and I have spent many man hours planning working and doing the up keep on it. Last year while pregnant it went a little on the wayside as I couldn't bend over very well but this year I am back in the swing of things. I even got a raspberry plant. So I now grow blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. Also I am trying my veggie garden different this year and I planted summer squash, eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, cantalope, carrots, cilantro, basil, green beans. I think that is it. I planted most of it by seed and if it doesn't come up in 2 more weeks than I will plant actual plants but I have high hopes for it.

~Butterfly bush and hollyhocks~
 ~My veggie garden~
 ~Our backyard~
 ~Butterfly bush, my new one, and roses. On the other side of the roses is my gardenia plant.~
 ~My wisteria, one on each end post. Raspberry plant on the middle post~


~My new raspberry plant. It has little buds all over it~
 ~Yummy blueberries~

~Strawberry patch and back hill~
 ~The rest of the hill~

My fav part of my yard is my butterfly garden in the front yard in front of my living room. I enjoy sitting in my living room and looking out the window to the beautiful flowers and the humming birds and butterflies that pay my garden a visit. For the first time since I started it, it has finally filled out the entire area. Which means that I am going to have to crop it back from now on but it is going to be filled with yellow, purple, pink, blue and green flowers at the end of summer and I am soooooo excited to see what it looks like. So here are the pix of my garden!


0 comments: