It is my fav time of the night again! Mace and the mutt are asleep, Matt and me are just watching Army Wives and Carrier and chillin' together. I really missed just watching TV with Matt and I am so thankful to be with my husband and to have him home. He wouldn't even be home by now if he didn't come home early. So to have him home on our Nation's Independence day is such a huge blessing!
Yesterday my church friend, and neighbor invited us to her home for dinner with her fam and another fam from the church. It was also a 13 year olds birthday. I had already offered to make a cake for the dinner before I found out that there was going to be a birthday so the cake I made, and thankfully it was big enough, doubled as a birthday cake. We lit sparklers for the candles and the birthday boy loved it! This was the first time I made a cake by scratch. No box, no frosting mix, just a recipe and me. And it turned out really well. I just didn't go around telling everyone what was in that cake because man, you would think that Paula Deen wrote the recipe because of how much her fav ingredient was in it. I will just leave it at that and the pix, but if you would like the recipe just let me know and I will fwd a copy to you.
On Mason news...He is starting to walk. Tonight he was going back and forth between me and Matt laughing up a storm and taking 3 steps to both of us. He would fall and get frustrated because he fell but we would pick him back up and his huge smile would light up his face and off he went. I am pretty sure that he will be walking by his 1st birthday which is just 2 weeks away! I know... 2 weeks... WOW! He is also letting me finally brush his teeth without throwing a tantrum and he LOVES BREAD! We found this out when I made french toast and gave him a taste, which he will eat his own slice now, but the other day we were at Daddy's fav restaurant, Bertucci's, and he was eyeing Daddy's pizza. I gave him some of the crust and he gobbled it up. Then I said, "Matt just stick that curst in his mouth so I can take a pix." Matt did as I asked and Mace took a huge chomp out of it, then reached for it and took it from Dad's hands and then proceeded to eat the entire thing!!! From then on he loves graham crackers, french toast, buttered bread, and tonight he ate his entire bowl of my Mac n cheese, of elbow pasta with parmesan cheese and peas. He fed himself the entire dinner and was super proud of himself too for doing it. This kid is just growing up way too fast!!!









0 comments:
Post a Comment