I still can't believe that a year ago I had a baby. I still can't and probably never will remember most of my labor, which is a good thing as Matt tells me, but It just seems impossible that I and Mace could be in one piece after having a baby. It is just a miracle.
We spent Mason's birthday down in Williamsburg, VA. Our air conditioning unit was getting replaced with a brand spanking new unit and we had to skip town to avoid the heat in the house, so we went on a little vacay. We stayed at this swanky hotel that reminded me of the Dirty Dancing hotel because it had different activities schedule throughout the day. It was missing Patrick Swayze teaching salsa though. Mace went to finger painting this morning but had more fun playing in the kid area. We also went to the pool last night and he had a ball with that too. For Mason's birthday we went to 5 Forks Cafe, which is a place that is trying to get the show Diners, Drive-in and Dives to show up. It was really really good. Then we went to the outlet mall and on the way home picked up these divine cupcakes. Oh they were so yummy and as you can tell from the pix below MASON LOVED IT!
We had just a really relaxed day and just spent it together. That is all we needed. However, Sat is Mason's b-day party and we are looking forward to that.




0 comments:
Post a Comment