Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome Home Daddy!!!

I am thrilled beyond belief that Matt is home. Home early and earlier than expected. Last week I found out that he had arrived back in country, which was 2 weeks ahead of the original time he had given to me months ago. Then he said he should be home by this Friday. Well I got a call on Monday evening saying that he was a free man. He got home last night! We are so thankful that he is home!!!

Mace didn't really like Matt at first. Actually I think that Mason was feeding off my emotions of crying hysterically. We went to take a pix with Matt and Mace gave the frowny face and then started screaming. It wasn't until after we got home and Mason saw how Archer was. Archer was going crazy yipping as loud as he could and running a hole in the ground by circling Matt. When we all got inside and Matt was playing and petting Archer Mason just sat back and watched. Finally little by little Mason started it interact with Matt by putting his hand on Matt's leg, then on his arm. Then finally reaching up for his face. It was very cute. Then Archer was done having his freak out session Mason finally agreed for Matt to pick him up and hence the beautiful pix that I have.

~Mace at just a few minutes old and Matt~
~Compare to how Mace is now. Must be weird for Matt to go from so small to Mace big~

And tonight Mace was preferring Matt over me. I think that Matt is the "shiny new toy" and Mace wants to get to know it. He feels comfortable with Matt. He snuggled up with Matt as Matt tried to rock him to sleep tonight. Mace was taking advantage of Matt and not acting tired and wanted to play with him rather than go to sleep.

So, the transition of adding Matt, has actually worked really well. Mace seems to be meshing well with him and I am very grateful for that! Anyhew enjoy the pix from yesterday and this morning and a couple of oldies!
~"Move it or lose it I'm here to pick up my Daddy" is what his shirt says.~
~Mace decided to push his stroller around at the airport~

~Mace getting to know Daddy~
~Mace playing with the balloons that we got for Daddy!~

 ~This is a week old, Mace loves to push his walker around. Always has a huge grin on his face~
 ~He is so funny when he holds his water cup. He won't use the handles but carefully holds it up with one hand.~

1 comments:

The Fifes said...

my heart is so happy for you Becky!