We are back and "resting" from our vacation full of fun and good times which equal good memories! We didn't just spend our time in NYC this time. We took a few days to enjoy a lot of New York in general. We drove A LOT! 1700 miles to be exact from our house up to Intercourse, PA, Rochester, to Niagara Falls (Canada side) Palmyra then to NYC and back home. We also took the "scenic" route all over to see the most of our beautiful country, and I will tell you that New York, is a very beautiful state. I also love driving through Pennsylvania. I will tell you that almost, almost every home in Penn has a BEAUTIFUL GARDEN. You know I love gardening and I loved looking at the amazing gardens around the homes in Penn State.
Our first day driving we made a stop to our favorite little Amish village in Intercourse PA, the Kitchen Kettle Village. Matt had to get his fav popcorn from Pappy's Popcorn and I had to get some jams and salsas from the Kitchen Kettle store. The next day we went to Niagara Falls and enjoyed a wonderful day there getting soaked by the falls on the Maid of the Mist and Behind the Falls attractions on a hot and steamy day. The next day we went to Palmyra to see all the church Historical sites and the Hill cumorah Pageant. We also had a visit to the local Hospital because of a mishap with Matt, his toe and our luggage. He is fine but it was just a little too blue for our comfort. Anyhew! I had fun pointing out to Matt what I was when I was in the pageant 9 years ago. We really enjoyed the pageant.
The next day we drove to NYC I actually drove in the city and parked at La Guardia, then into the city for us. Matt took me on more romantic evenings than we have had in a long time. He went out of his way and found 2 of the 3 romantic dinners before he even came home from Afghanistan. We had dinner at 21 Club in Manhattan which was AMAZING, the next night at Barbetta's and then the 3rd night on a Yacht that sailed around the Bay and seeing the sites. Also made a stop at Serendipity 3 for AMAZING desserts, and had a wonderful Bike ride thru Central Park. We rented bikes and road all the way around the park. It was great.
We had great food everyday and I am so glad that we went and can't wait to go back to the city. So here are a few pix after our trip. Sorry for the short snipit of info here but we had way too much fun for me to really write it all down.
~Archer, on the way to the Kennel. He was pouting!~
~Our secret place we found on the way to Niagara Falls. Us in front of Lake Erie.~
~Maid of the Mist~
~The American Side of the Falls~
~The view from our table at lunch.~
~The constant rainbow from the falls! Great pix with the flag~
~Lunch with a view~
~Journey Behind the Falls!~
~That is where we were on the Maid of the Mist~
~The Hill Cumorah Pageant stage~
~Serendipity 3. The frozen Hot Chocolate.~
~The view from our Hotel, Marriott East side~
~Matt in front of our hotel~
~Bike riding in Central Park~
~Date Night!!!~
~View from the Yacht!~
~Park in Dumbo, Brooklyn. (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass)
~We went on 2 pizza tours this trip and this is from the second one. Matt loves this place.~
~The Pizza before Matt~
~After Matt~
~Second pizza joint on the tour, Before!~
~After. Not my fav kind of pizza I liked the first one better personally!~
~Coney Island~



3 comments:
Great Pictures!
Are you just pinching yourself that he is home? So neat that you were able to take the time together! That's important!
Archer sure did look sad though! Bet he was tickled when you came back home!
Enjoy your time together!
Aunt Jean/ Uncle Doug
Hot Momma!!! Date night picture is freaking sweet! Matt looks great too! And seriously, you look fabulous...
BTW, my mouth totally started watering when I saw the picture of Matt with the Frozen Hot Chocolate...SO Goooooooood!!!
Yay for pictures!!
Are you aware that there is a Grimaldi's Pizza here in AZ? It is our favorite pizza of all time, and it looks exactly like your pic of the NY Grimaldi's. We go to the one on Queen Creek and Alma School and there is one at San Tan Village. Check it out when you come home...
Post a Comment