My backyard landscaping!!! We got the quote last night and agreed on a price and the projects to be done and I submitted the HOA form via email last night with an urgent request for approval. Our contractor wants to start NOW and be done with everything by mid to late NEXT week!!! This is a good distraction to keep me busy from freaking out about the recital coming up in a couple of weeks. Here is a breakdown of the things we are wanting to do, as long as the HOA approves.
#1: Mulch and add plantings to our entire back hill in the backyard. Aprox 75 feet worth of hill
#2: Add a dry creek bed with river rock to help with our water drainage problem at the base of the hill. It will follow the hill and be across the entire back of the hill 75 feet worth.
#3: Increase the size of our patio from its current 10x10 to 23x10. And add rounded stairs at the back door.
#4: Add a pergola over the new patio.
#5:Transplant our "mystery bushes" I think they are boxwoods but we have no idea, over to the A/C unit as a natural barrier and put pea gravel around the ac unit.
#6: Add a wrap-around flower bed from the back patio and connect it to the front flower bed. We live in a corner house so the side of our house is just as important as the front. and the back is totally viewable.
#7. Add a Weeping Cherry tree to the front yard and put a circular garden at the base for spring plantings.
And all this my contractor wants done by NEXT WEEK!!!! It is going to get very busy around here. I did take pix but Matt took the laptop and I can't find the little reader so I will get pix posted sometime. I'll keep you posted too.
#1: Mulch and add plantings to our entire back hill in the backyard. Aprox 75 feet worth of hill
#2: Add a dry creek bed with river rock to help with our water drainage problem at the base of the hill. It will follow the hill and be across the entire back of the hill 75 feet worth.
#3: Increase the size of our patio from its current 10x10 to 23x10. And add rounded stairs at the back door.
#4: Add a pergola over the new patio.
#5:Transplant our "mystery bushes" I think they are boxwoods but we have no idea, over to the A/C unit as a natural barrier and put pea gravel around the ac unit.
#6: Add a wrap-around flower bed from the back patio and connect it to the front flower bed. We live in a corner house so the side of our house is just as important as the front. and the back is totally viewable.
#7. Add a Weeping Cherry tree to the front yard and put a circular garden at the base for spring plantings.
And all this my contractor wants done by NEXT WEEK!!!! It is going to get very busy around here. I did take pix but Matt took the laptop and I can't find the little reader so I will get pix posted sometime. I'll keep you posted too.
***UPDATE***
Here are some Beginning Pix (mom, I found the cord for my camera to connect it to the computer.) Oh and my straberry plants are starting to blossom I will have my first crop of strawberries that I grew all on my own! Go me!


0 comments:
Post a Comment