I LOVE TEACHING!!! I just had to say that first off. I want to tell you what happened yesterday that brought me to tears but first lets have a flashback to the 90's
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the 7th grade I decided what I wanted to do when I grew up. I had other "Backup plans" such as, Astronaut, Zoo Worker, Housewife, and Storm Chaser. I know I was weird. Well in the 7th grade I met Miss Verde/Mrs. McGee we called her Mrs. McVerde, she got married later my 7th grade. Anyhew, she was my favorite teacher, my band teacher. I loved her. She was so fun and entertaining in band and pushed our band as much as she could to make us be the best. She helped me love music, and I mean really love music. I told her at the end of my 7th grade year that I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. So I decided that I was going to be a Jr. High Band Teacher. For the years to come I had it set in my head that I wanted to teach that age group with the idea of instilling one student with the same love of music that Mrs. McVerde passed on to me.
Present:
Well the dream of teaching Jr. High was quickly squashed during my college years as I helped out with a local High School Marching band, granted it was not Jr. High but I figured that it was close enough of the age group that I couldn't handle it, as most of my charges were freshmen. So when Matt and I married I told him I wanted to teach privately when we were at a place long enough to make a difference in the kids life. My dream of why I wanted to teach came true yesterday with my cute little red-headed horn player. Her mom talked to me after the lesson and told me that her daughter told her that she wanted to be just like ME when she grew up, and teach private horn lessons. she loves music and loves playing the horn Her mom said that she has never been so excited about one thing other than animals in her entire life and they are very thankful for me. This is huge for the daughter, because she has always only wanted to do something animal related for her future, but now she has changed and wants to teach horn, and she said that she might need to learn piano as a backup teaching instrument. I started crying because that is the EXACT reason why I wanted to teach. So dream fulfilled, I can stop right, NO WAY! I am going to help ALL my students love music. I LOVE MY JOB!!!!


2 comments:
Sounds like a mini you! That is sooooo awesomely wonderful!
So sweet!! What a great compliment :D
Post a Comment