Ahhhh! I have a little break from the chunky monkey! So I thought that I would blog a bit. Mace is doing really well. He is as I just said a chunky monkey and getting more and more chunky everyday.
He is super active and super fun to interact with except for when he is screaming. He has more of a schedule, but only at night. His days are still a little wonky and never the same. He likes to go to bed and be asleep by 8:30 or heaven help us. Wakes up around 4am for a middle of the night snack and is back asleep until 8am. Yes, I am very lucky and very happy that he does sleep. His day schedule is not normal, except for the evening tantrum he likes to do around 5pm. We have a night routine down now. Matt pre-recorded some stories for Mace on a recorder and we listen to Matt reading to him every night. Then we say our prayers and say good-night to Daddy's picture and off to bed. Mace sits still during the reading time and looks at the pictures in the book. It is very cute!
Mace is so much more animated and loves to smile and giggle now. He loves to look at Daddy's pictures on the wall behind the couch and does his best to find them where ever we are sitting downstairs. He loves to just look around and look at everything. He loves to watch Archer and his gaze will follow Archer as he walks around or away from Mace.
I am doing well. I get a great amount of sleep at night, as seen above. I have decided to take some long term time off from teaching piano. And will only continue to teach horn. It has been a difficult decision for me to make but my needs have changed with having Mason around. I am enjoying the time I spend with Mason.
Matt is doing well too. He is super busy. Just working and sleeping. That is what he does. If you were planning on sending him a package please contact me ASAP as the post office there will be closing by the end of the month.
1 year ago






3 comments:
so glad you are doing well Becky! Wish I was closer so we could get together with our little boys. Loving your pictures!
LOVE the pictures, and your house looks so good! He really does look a lot like Matt. LOVE YOU!!
What a cutie! I'm sure that a grandma I know is pretty well... Lov'in on him when she is around!
So... what size clothing are you getting for him? The Utah contingent is going to send something... but when I asked the "grandma" of whom I speak to let us know what you needed.... this was wayyy back when they came out to see him soon after Mason's birth... well... I'm sure she just got caught up in seeing you and your cute family and forgot our request completely!
Soooo what I'm saying Becky is what do you need... cause if we don't hear... you know how it is... what you get is what you get!
Love/hugs Aunt Jean
DJCogdill@q.com
Post a Comment